Jan 4, 2011

Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo (2010)

The Japanese that the Japanese don't Know.

This is like the Japanese version of Mind Your Language, and I like it so much.

The lead actress in this drama is Riisa Naka, the actress in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
I like her very much, and I like her in this drama too.

This drama is about Haruko, who has to teach Japanese to a bunch of foreigner, in order for her to get a promotion to be a high school teacher.
It is based on a manga, written by actual Japanese teachers.

At first I thought that the plot is lame, you know, a super teacher who helps her students who are in trouble and teaches them life lessons and that kind of stuffs. Sounds like GTO and Gokusen, right.
But, I still watch it because I like Riisa Naka, plus I'm also learning Japanese, and a bunch of foreigner learning Japanese must be hilarious to watch.

Riisa Naka's acting is so natural and the bubbly character suits her well.

Highly recommended to those who are learning Japanese, or are interested into the Japanese culture.
Overall, 9.5/10.

The Manga.
The live-action drama.
Pictures from Google.

An Italian otaku said that he learned Kanji from manga.
The whole class shouted the name of manga/anime that they read/watch.
Haruko: Ah, that's how foreigners learn kanji. (LOL)
p/s: Should I watch Gokusen 2 and 3? I watched the first Gokusen and I don't really like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment